Skywatcher Explorer 130p - what eye-pieces?

Hello! I am new to astronomy and recently purchased a skywatcher explorer 130p and have had a great time observing the moon , jupiter and a few star clusters from my back yard in the city of Nottingham (terrible light pollution!) I am just wondering what people recommend in terms of eyepieces at a fairly low end price. The ones that came with the scope are ok, but not great. I was looking at the super plossls for planet and moon viewing as i read they have good contrast? but i am not sure of this. I would also like a decent wide angel eyepiece for deep sky viewing, any suggestions would be apprciated.

I think plossl's/super plossl's (same thing) would certainly be a step up from the supplied e.p's. Although I found the 25mm quite usable. What kind of budget are you looking at for a wide angled eyepiece as there are so so many out there. My first upgrade in e.p's was to Meade super plossl's and I noticed a real improvement. Also the BST Explorers are excellent and only £41 each delivered from Skies The Limit. Good luck.

For an individual e.p i am looking to spend no more than about 60£ at first, because i want to buy a few (budget of around 100£). At least one high powered and one wide angel ( i assume wide angel is the best for deep sky observations of star clusters and nebulae?)

Archived