NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tell me what to buy .... please

Looks like a dob is favourite , as I started looking at a 130p then moved to a 150p , can you tell me why I should spend an extra £80 to get the 200p ? Also as I'll be mostly viewing in the back garden will I not see a wider angle of the sky using a mounted telescope as it will be up in the air and point over the houses and fences better ?

Your £80 gets you 77% more light gathering than the 150. Depending on your local light pollution and viewing conditions you're likely to see more fainter objects, or more detail in the things you can see in a 150, in the 200P.

An eq mount will put your telescope a bit higher but it's just a matter of timing your observing. If an object is hidden behind the house just come back outside when it's visible. I have to do that sometimes as my house is 3 stories high. The good news is my dob is easily capable of observing at the zenith, and I enjoy a nice cup of tea :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived