Skywatcher AZ Goto 130p Help secondary mirror Collimation

Hello there As my title suggests i have a sky watcher AZ Goto 130p and while its a fantastic scope and great value i can't quite figure out how to adjust the secondary mirror for collimation. i only have a slight alignment issue and i don't know if i am just being silly about it because its brand new. But i would still like to know how i can adjust the secondary mirror for future Collimation. Thank you :)

hello and thank you for response mr q but the second link you posted has no relivant infomation about my issue with my skywatcher az goto 130p. my problrm lays with my secondary mirorr i would like to know how to adjust my seconday mirorr fromy the back of the cylinder i realise there are 3 bolts to adjust this mirror but i would like to make sure im not going to do anythong silly.

i would like to know how to adjust my seconday mirorr fromy the back of the cylinder i realise there are 3 bolts to adjust this mirror but i would like to make sure im not going to do anythong silly.

It sounds like you mean the primary mirror (the 5.5" curved mirror at the base of the tube).

If so, the larger diameter screws on the base are the adjustment screws and the smaller diameter ones are the locking screws. Loosen the locking screws first, adjust using the adjustment screws, then gently tighten the locking screws.

Thank you again for all your reply's And no I didn't mean my "primary Mirror" I was indeed talking about the secondary. And Thanks to the links Mr Q provided I have solved my problem and will be a happy observer on the next clear night. So again I bid you all thank you for your assistance

Archived