Help fitting an autofocuser

I recently purchased the Skywatcher Autofocuser for my Celestron 102GT after reading someone on here had fitted one successfully to his 102GT (though for the life of me I can't find the post!!).

I've taken the focuser assembly apart and have the wheels/bar out - but I can't seem to remove the thumbwheels from the bar despite using a fair bit of turning force.

Does anyone know how this or Celestron's in general bar/wheel arrangement is fastened together and offer advice on how to separate them? Obviously I don't want to apply too much force and bend or break the bar as I'd be without any means of focusing then!

Also does anyone know a place to get spares/parts for Celestron telescopes? Maybe somebody sells just the bar....

Not sure about your Celestron but when I was fitting the autofocuser the wheels on my Skywatcher focuser had a little grub screw that held it to the bar. IIRC you needed a small metric Allan key to release the wheel from the bar. Have you noticed anything like that with your Celestron you should be able to see them if they are there when you take the wheels and bar off your focuser? :)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Cheers for the reply Stev - unfortunately I can't see any such screw - when I realised the rubber grips came off the wheels that's exactly what I was expecting to find too :)

I can't even see a way to bodge it/mod it myself because the gearing looks quite engineered - again if anyone knows somewhere to get parts like that I'd be grateful to find out!

Nope can't see any screw at all :) Wish I could find the thread where the guy says he uses this focuser with his 102GT :'(

Thanks for the link - had a good look but there's nothing there to suit from what I can see unfortunately. I've also emailed Celestron in the hope that they might know!

Archived