Pelican case for a Skywatcher 127 and other bits!

Hi folks,

Hope you are all good today, blumming cold in Portsmouth and threatening snow!

I'm heading to the Lofoten Islands on my annual winter/ice climbing trip next Friday and planning on taking my Skywatcher 127 with me as the chance to view the skies there is unbelievable as they are normally clear and it is easy to get away from light pollution.

The airline, Wideroe, Is the only one that flies to Svolvaer the main town and they insist that any scope is carried in a pelican case for insurance purposes. I don't have a problem with that as

I need a case anyway.

The problem I have is that my scope doesn't arrive until Wednesday and I fly on Thursday so am unsure of the size of the scope packed down and therefore what size Pelican I would need. Ideally, I'd like it to be slightly bigger so I can pack a few extras including my DSLR in with it.

I know it is a how long is a piece of string question, but can anyone help? I'm a stay at home dad so difficult for me to go around and find one to look at to get the jist of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to buy one

quickly.

Thanks in advance, Den

Thanks Ron,

Will give them a buzz. I've rang a couple of people but have had no luck so far even with the dimensions packed down.

Good old REME, ex Dental Corps myself, 22 years man and boy!

Thanks Ron,

Will give them a buzz. I've rang a couple of people but have had no luck so far even with the dimensions packed down.

Good old REME, ex Dental Corps myself, 22 years man and boy!

:) Good Luck. The Lofotens sounds great.:icon_salut:

Cheers Ron,

Lofoten is an amazing place. Killer Whales, Sea Egles, more climbing than you can shake a stick at and not a lot of people, ideal.

Sorted for the case now, hunted around and have bought a Pelicase 1650 second hand. More than enough for the scope, mount, extra bits and DSLR with extras so all good. The case didn't come with the foam but I got it from your link so will ad them to my favourites.

Just need to learn how to use my scope now that I have all the kit......

Archived