options for an older relative :)

hi, i thought i would ask for some feedback on the possible choices tht one might suggest to an older relative - ie my mum.

she is not a large person so weight would be an issue, Dragging around a DOB for instance. collimation would also i think get the better of her so that is a further negative point that prob cuts down the options.

i did suggest a good pair of Bino to begin but unfortunately she would not be able to keep her head angled up for long enough to get the benefit.

so given the above lsit of "problems" would something along the lines of the Celestron 4SE be the direction to point ?

she will want to look at the planets/moon, the brighter of the DSO and some simple photography (her thoughts )

i am a noob myself and although i have a sw 200 DOB and SW102 Refractor i dont have have the experience to assist with any other types. Although i will take both with me when i visit her later this year so she can at least see/feel the choice. (ps she is based in france at the moment so star clubs and or visit to good shops is out of the question)

Archived