NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter image advice

When you have stacked you image in Registax 6 it takes you to the Wavelet tab. On the right hand side of the window should be a box of buttons called 'Functions'. One of these buttons is 'RGB Align'.

Click on the 'RGB Align' button.

In the window that pops up, click on 'Estimate'

Registax should analyse the colour channels and shift them so they all line up. This just takes a few seconds.

Have you been using the wavelets to sharpen your image?

Cheers,

Chris

Slide the bottom 2 wavelets up about half way and leave the rest fully to the left and it should look better than yours does. If it does carry on playing until you are happy but if it does not improve then something is wrong. Try restacking maybe.

The thing is you need to slide them about yourself rather than copy someone elses setting as every image will be different.

The thing is you need to slide them about yourself rather than copy someone elses setting as every image will be different.

I agree with this completely. Even different levels of seeing can stop my usual Jupiter wavelet settings from working. You just need to get in there and play with them.

On the plus side it looks like the RGB align has done its job.

Cheers,

Chris

I uploaded the new file and managed to overwrite the one used in my last post.:D So you cannot compare this with the previous attempt, but this image is starting to look reasonable.

jupiter%2003_02_2012%2018_28_50-2.png

The previous attempt was not helped by me not selecting the layers for the wavelets!

Yet another thing I can't get my head around in Registax is the Resize Image function. Where I use the cropping area, this doesn't seem to have any effect. My guess is there is something I am doing wrong here.

Archived