newbie- meade etx 90 to canon eos 600d

hello everyone

i have a meade etx 90 and a canon eos 600d now ive noticed i can buy the adapter and kit for £43 what i want to know is has anyone had the 2 together and is it worth it for taking pictures of say moon and stars my thinking is once there connected you would only get 1 view and you would not be able to zoom im assuming you would be able to focus using the wheel on the telescope any info on this would be great before i decided to buy the pieces thanks andy ps i also use the telescope for terrestrial viewing as i live high up and find it great for that

hello everyone

i have a meade etx 90 and a canon eos 600d now ive noticed i can buy the adapter and kit for £43 what i want to know is has anyone had the 2 together and is it worth it for taking pictures of say moon and stars my thinking is once there connected you would only get 1 view and you would not be able to zoom im assuming you would be able to focus using the wheel on the telescope any info on this would be great before i decided to buy the pieces thanks andy ps i also use the telescope for terrestrial viewing as i live high up and find it great for that

hi andy , im sure you can buy a cannon "t ring" to mount your camera on your scope for around 15 quid ,.

there are a few points though

the mount is an alt az you will not be able to do long exposures #

you would be able to get some good shots of the moon and planets ....but you would need a webcam for that , a dslr does not work well with those objects .

also, you say you use the scope for terrestrial viewing ??? that will be tricky ?? surley the image is uncorrected ??

:)

Archived