Astro-Photography

I recently bought a Meade Cassegrain 8" LS-ACF. I have the adapters to attach my Canon 60D camera to the back end of the telescope. For pictures of the planets, nebulas, and other objects, hooking my camera to the back takes away from my ability to use any magnification, fliters, or the meade auto focuser. Does anyone know how I can use my camera in conjunction with either my eye pieces, filters, auto-focuser, or a combination of them?

Thanks for your help!!! :-D

You don't use any eye pieces or auto focusers, just Prime Focus, focus is made using the in built adjuster, if you can't get a focus point you will need a extension tube, testing this by looking through the camera or use live view and move the camera away from the focus tube this will give you a idea how much extention you will need, If you intend later to do stars ect you will need the Meade Wedge by all accounts a wonker piece of kit and expensive or make your own.

Archived