Dob 200p eye pieces

I have just been reading about eye pieces but didnt want to hijack a thread.

Having used the supplied pieces (10mm & 25mm) in conjunction with a 2x barlow on my 200p Dob, the views are fantastic, I`m impressed to say the least, the 25mm is impressive for viewing more sky and watching jupiter and its moons drift pass, the 10mm is good for closer viewing but obviously the dob needs a "nudge" to track the planets, the moon hurts my eye its so bright!!

Would a different eye piece really make much of a difference?

Now if I had budget of say £200, which eye pieces would be recommended.

Cheers all

Tony

Hi tone, I have the same scope, bought a 42mm 2" ep and also bought a celestron x-cel lx 7mm for high mags. After reading some reviews I bought the William optics binoviewer package and a celestron 2x Barlow t-thread adapter, was the best decision I have made. With the supplied 20mm ep's and the Barlow combinations,I get various magnifications and the view through the binoviewers is breathtaking. I sold my x-cel lx and only use single vision now when I am just star hopping with the 42mm. This is just my opinion,I am sure you will get some more.

Archived