Space activity calendar?

Hi all, I'm very new to astronomy. (I will go post an introduction soon :)) I did have a look through the forum and such already and didn't quite find what I was after, but apologies if it has been answered and I missed it!

I am looking for some kind of website or calendar or something to give me news on events in the skies that are upcoming, so I can keep up to date and just generally know what is going on & not miss anything. Preferably of course in a general area that is useful to me (south England) as opposed to other locations.

Thanks!

Heres a pretty good looking one that a google search just turned up.

The Sky this Month Just noticed you can follow it on twitter too!! (I have)

They do tend to be done month by month. Last months Astronomy now magazine did have a feature and an actual full year calander with all the important dates on it. Astronomy now does have a "the sky this month" section in it every month which is very handy.

The forum here has a "targets of the month" section http://stargazerslounge.com/observing-reports/ anything worth seeing will be listed here for sure

Thanks both of you for the links and info! I really like that first site with the astronomical calendar, I've also gone ahead & followed them on twitter too. Looks pretty handy and just what I wanted!

I'll check out Astronomy Now magazine as you've both suggested it and I spotted it earlier as well. It could prove useful & sounds interesting.

I got an astronomy now suscription for xmas. Have been buying it on and off since about this time last year and read it cover to cover each month. Has some really interesting features although some of the content is over my head. One thing I find is that magazines bring things to your attention. With the net you need to know what your looking for before you go off and find it

Archived