NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

first attempt at m42

soggybongo

first attempt at DSI

1x pic taken through my lxd75 n-6at and canon eos 350d unmodded camera with 2x barlow then cs2.

blurrey as hell but pretty chuffed for my very first attempt.

180second iso-200

Any pointer welcomed!!!

i just cant seem to get anything in focus with this camera as it does not have live view

m42.jpg

Hi Soctt,

10x better than my first attempt!!!

I hope you will get some better pointers. Failing better advice I'd try shorter exposures (e.g. 30 seconds at 1600 ISO) and get a Bhatinov mask, which can help you feel confdient you are in focus, even without live view!

got a Bhatinov mask mate but dont seem to work with my lxd75 n-6at and camera, Probably just me lol.

I tried 30 second exposures but only at 200 iso and that didn't show anything then i tried 180 second exposures and the pic you see above is what i got so i'll try higher iso next time.

cheers mate.

If you've got a B-Mask, you're halfway there. :)

I shot my first few with a venerable 350D as well..picked up a couple tricks.

1) Get "Bahtinov Grabber". It evaluates a bahtinov pattern to tell you just how far...and which direction..you're out of focus.

2) Get a USB cable to instantly download images from the camera as you take them.

3) Pick a bright star close to what you want to shoot (Doesn't HAVE to be..just easier to slew there later *heh*) and shoot it as a JPEG at maybe 5 seconds, highest ISO you can get. (3200 I think for the 350D? Memory's bad *heh*)

4) Download the image, let Bahtinov Grabber tell you where you are.

5) Change focus, repeat steps 3-4 until B Grabber says you're in focus.

=========

That should get you started toward some better focused images. Hope it helps!

If you've got a B-Mask, you're halfway there. :)

I shot my first few with a venerable 350D as well..picked up a couple tricks.

1) Get "Bahtinov Grabber". It evaluates a bahtinov pattern to tell you just how far...and which direction..you're out of focus.

2) Get a USB cable to instantly download images from the camera as you take them.

3) Pick a bright star close to what you want to shoot (Doesn't HAVE to be..just easier to slew there later *heh*) and shoot it as a JPEG at maybe 5 seconds, highest ISO you can get. (3200 I think for the 350D? Memory's bad *heh*)

4) Download the image, let Bahtinov Grabber tell you where you are.

5) Change focus, repeat steps 3-4 until B Grabber says you're in focus.

=========

That should get you started toward some better focused images. Hope it helps!

fantastic mate many thanks

Archived