Questions on CELESTRON 127 SLT

Hi all,

I'm from Italy and trying to approach sky vision with my Celestron 127 SLT. I hve had success in al basic oprations with the telescope, have a look on moon and jupiter, and all went more or less fine. After now using the device for 1 month some questions arise:

1. The most important one: the two motors behave different. The one moving clockwise/counterclockwise is impossible to move by hand, only by the computer. This is good since it is not possible to change position accidentally and thus give disallignment by hurting the tube with your face on the ocular. The up/down motor instead appears to be very soft, can be EASILY moved also by hand and I need to be very careful in not touching the oular since immidiatly disallignment will occur. The computer moves the tube correctly but again it seems to me too loose. The question is: Is this normal? If not, is there somewhere a bolt or screw to thighten up the motor and hardenen the motor to the gear?

2. Collimation: I'm pretty sure to have good collimation, but also pretty sure to not have the best one. I have read every manual on the argument, so I'm trying the star technique with the airy pattern to get collimation perfect. But how does exactly the push/pull screw work? If i use one screw, must I unscrew the two on the opposite side? Or it is sufficient t make all regulations on the bigger push and then screw the pull screw a bit?

Thnx for any help!

Stox

Strange, I thought the SLT mount doesn't have slip clutch like the SE mount, as such you should not be able to move the altitude axis by hand only by the controller. I suspect something may be loose or damaged in your mount.

My club only acquired a SLT recently and I haven't had a chance to use it properly yet, so I may be wrong.

Archived