NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Antares f/6.3 focal reducer

themos

Hello

Does anyone know what the correct spacing for this is? I will be using an EOS DSLR (and a Meade OAG) and I'd like to know how much space I should leave between the reducer and the camera. If anybody is already using this bit of kit, could you share what you know?

Thanks!

Thanks! Should I measure from the glass surface or the top of the fitting though? If I measure from the glass, I have it at 108mm (100mm from the fitting). There's an OAG in the middle that takes 45mm, the EOS T ring takes another 11mm and the depth of the sensor in the camera is 44mm.

Hmm, I may have to use a lower profile OAG.

This Antares seems to have a weird 40mm thread on the camera side. It fits the Meade OAG but it won't fit anything else I have kicking around! I realize now that the mismatch in spacing with the way I was running it explains the very non-flat field I was getting.

I think its a sct thread on each side. I know with the brightstar

I needed an additional sct to t-thread adaptor in place which pushed

the spacing out. I'm tempted to try a lower profile sct to t-thread

adaptor but think that will still be too big.

I think you're right, it's an SCT thread either way. I remember now that we used to put a Crayford focuser on its camera end. I must see if I can borrow a Celestron f/6.3 reducer from someone and try it out.

Archived