Strange viewings

It's far too windy for me to go outside at this moment so I decided to test out binos within the house to see how they are. Bare in mind I need glasses but they are currently smashed up miles away. When I kept both eyes opened up I'm pretty much seeing the same image ( kings mill loaf of bread ) in two views stacked so I close my bad eye and view with my good eye but it's blurry I focused it and better but still burry, I moved this 2 setting dial ( 60 and 70 ) and no difference, then I closed my good eye and opened my bad eye and the view was perfect and I'm puzzled by this , the binos are a 15+ year old pare of tascos zip 10x50 in about 20 mins I'm going to go outside and gaze regardless, but I don't know how to solve this. Is it just because they are old? Or is it because it's mincing my actual glasses for my bad eye but doesn't explain my good eye?

try focusing on something further away! you will see a blurry mess otherwise.

test them using a streetlight at the end of your road or lamp post at a decent distance.

check the focus and move the binos to fit your eyes.

Archived