Attach Nikon dslr

Should do, no problem. Depending on the age of the OTA, the 1.25" eyepiece adapter unscrews to reveal a thread which your T-ring will attach to. Newer variants of the 200P have a different collar on the focuser which will let you insert a T-ring and nosepiece directly into the focuser as well. Perhaps the PDS is the same.

I can attach my nikon d3000 directly to my scope with just the t-ring, but in order for me to get focus i have to put just the lens portion of my barlow 2x into the focuser. I also ordered a variable universal camera adapter 1.25" Orion Variable Universal Camera Adapter | Orion Telescopes for it, which allows me to use my eyepieces as well.

Should do, no problem. Depending on the age of the OTA, the 1.25" eyepiece adapter unscrews to reveal a thread which your T-ring will attach to. Newer variants of the 200P have a different collar on the focuser which will let you insert a T-ring and nosepiece directly into the focuser as well. Perhaps the PDS is the same.

Actually, I should have said "[....] different collar on the focuser which will let you insert a T-ring and 2" nosepiece directly into the focuser as well".

I have Nikon dslr and purchased a T ring

Do I need another adapter to attach to the focuser , I was told that with what I have I can attach directly to our Skywatcher 200pds

Many thanks

I too have a Nikon dSLR and a T-mount, but there are two parts to the T-mount. A ring attaches to the bayonet of the camera where its lens would be (one of these), and a 1.25" nosepiece (one of these) screws into the ring, whose business end gets shoved into the focusing tube.

From the fact that you're asking, I have a hunch that you have only the first part. I might be mistaken.

Archived