RA Drive power pack?

Just wondering, is there a mains adaptor I can get to replace the battery pack on the RA drive? I got my scope at the weekend, and although it came with rechargable batteries, I don't have a battery charger for those size (D cells) batteries. I just thought as there is a socket on the handset for the battery pack to plug into, surely you could plug an adaptor in instead? I will of course get a battery charger anyway at some point so I can use "out in the field" but at home I have an outdoor socket which lends it's self perfectly to me plugging in rather than running on batteries...

Do they do one, has anybody modified one etc, if so where would I find such a thing?

Just get a multi-voltage AC/DC power supply from Maplins and set it to 6V (I'm assuming yours takes 6V like mine).

Personally I have a fear of running mains outdoors in potentially dewy conditions. I power mine from the 6V output on a Skywatcher Power tank. Or you can get cigarette lighter adapters with adjustable voltages from eBay, if you use a generic portable power supply such as the Maplins ones.

Tim

Archived