Big problem - please need help!

jimao22

Hi everybody,

Lately, I encountered a problem and I don't know what it could be and how it could be resolved.

I have a set up with a newtonian and a refractor side-by-side, for astrophoto. The mount is an EQ6 - EQMOD controled / belt-drive and the autoguiding camera is an ORION SSAG.

Last 2 sesions, I observed that the mount, auto-guided, did not track the stars and after 10 seconds I receive a message from MaximDL - "star faded". Actually, the autoguider don't correct the drift of the mount on RA axis and the guide-star is out of the guiding window. I observed also that when autoguider calibrate in MaximDL, the shape of the trajectory for the guiding star is not like a "L" as usual but like an "I". That mean the correction on one direction is not good or it don't work.

Have anyone any idea what happens? I don't know what to do or from where to start...

Please, help !!!...

:icon_scratch: + :D = me

I will do this, for sure. When this idea came to me, it was late on night and to cold and tired to try it. Tonight the weather seems to be ok so I'll do the test with PHD and tell you what I'll find.

Archived