Skywatcher auto syn guider v Qhy5

Ok so I'm stepping up to guiding and have been offered either which one would be the one to go for. I know the qhy cameras are great but the auto guider does apeal to me with no wires and portable. So any help would be great

Thanks

Danny

I had earlier synguider, but i am now using QHY5/PHD. I wasn't happy with guiding accuracy and sensitivity of sensor with synguider. You have to use guinding scope fl 1/3..max 1/4 of imaging scope. And you need minimum diam. 80mm for guidescope, 100mm is better, jus because of sensor is not sensitive enough. Synguider also does not have any graph for guiding, so you don't know how your guiding is performing.

Also using synguider handset was very annoying, moving in menus in cold weather was very difficult, pressing buttons was difficult, many times missing your menu because of delay in synguider system. Handset cables in Finnish winter were like 2mm iron wire, you could push your scope with them.

I warmly recommend you to save your money and nerves and take QHY5/PHD/netbook road, my guiding is now much easier with them:)

Archived