NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First scope, a little advice needed

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greenwitch will be appointment only. Not been to their current place but used to go to their previous showroom quite a lot. I was going to suggest the astronomy and nature centre near Ely as an alternative option. They always seem to have quite a lot of stuff there. They have mixed reviews for their online service, but when we have visited them they have always been very helpful.

Thanks again for for all this fantastic information :p think I may well go to one of the meetings at one of the societies mentioned, I noticed the Chipping Norton one is having a lot of involvement with BBC stargazing live in January, and they have access to an exclusive site near the Rollright stones, and the membership is only £15 per year which sounds good value.

I think I might pay a visit of to Cambridge, as I have also found a place on the net called The Astronomy & Nature Centre Ltd which is not far from Cambridge as well The Astronomy & Nature Centre

It seems there are three different companies in one place there, have any of you ever visited here?

Thanks Steve, it seems this is a very popular scope :icon_salut:

Thanks for the tip on Greenwitch :p, saw some of the reviews on here for the astronomy and nature centre which were a bit off putting, but as I was only looking to view some scopes and not purchase on the day thought it was still worth a visit. Just need to find some spare time to get over there now lol

Archived