NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CdC - bug ??

malc-c

Having just performed a belt drive mod to my HEQ5 I thought that there might of been an issue with the motors, but it seems not..

Having parked the scope back and fourth I selected the Moon in CDC and told the mount to slew... it ended up pointing the scope at the floor - with the mirror facing the moon. Nothing had changed as the mount /scope is set up in an obsy, so was convinced that I must of done something wrong in the EQAscom config, until I told the scope to slew to Vega - which, within a small amount of error it ended up pointing directly at it. Then selected Jupiter and again the scope slewed round to face Jupiter, and was only slightly out on the goto. Selected the Moon again, and instead of slewing westward to place the moon in the FOV it went east and pointed the scope as before :D:confused::)

Bug or what ??

Well found out what the issue was. CDC wasn't picking up the system date and time, even though the option was checked in the settings. Having re-applied this the moon is now where it should be and the scope slews correctly !

Archived