NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My C11 CGE Setup

I recently wrote a few pages on my C11 CGE mount, as I have it in a semi-permanent setup at home. (In our dome observatory we have a C14 CGE)

There are 12 pages in total

Los telescopios de los Amigos del Observatorio Tres Juncos: el C11 CGE de Patricio Domínguez

that can also be seen at once in this other link

Los telescopios de los Amigos del Observatorio Tres Juncos: el C11 CGE de Patricio Domínguez

The text is in Spanish, but is plenty of pictures and google translator can help some.

Google translation

Any language doubt (or simply any question) please ask.

The pages include:

1.- Introduction

2.- Photographic equipment for Moon and planets: DMKs, Motorized filter wheel, Flip mirror. T-2 Changer System.

3.- Focusers: Electronic focuser (Seletek), ABC Technology focus Knob (microfocuser 20:1).

4.- Binoviewer, manual filter wheel (5x1,25") for planets, Click-Lock diagonal mirror and Click-Lock visual-back. Deep Sky manual filter wheel (4x2") with Click-Lock

5.- CGE Column: connectors. New motor cables and clamps. Accessories

6.- Weights, tuve dovetail (including safety clamp)

7.- Anti-dew system, and control. Accesories Tray and Bags. Drops for the buttons of the Nexstar hand control

8.- Communication between the mount and computer: cables and adaptors. Nexstar hand control extension cable.

9.- Anderson Powerpole connectors, power meters, power cords and power supply.

10.- Protective covers (three layers), Sun Shade, Cooler.

11.- Collimation (Knobs and Metaguide), optical finder, Telrad, electronic finder, solar telescope and mini dovetail.

12.- An observatory in my terraze and the use in the field

I hope you enjoy it,

Patricio

CGE_001.jpg

25725img0584b1.jpgcgeconectconcectoresmot.jpgcgenexstar01.jpg

me parece interesante el enfriador ¿cuanto cuesta? tengo un C11 y en verano creo que hace falta algo para enfriar mas rapido.

There's a lot of information on your website, very well written and explained.

On my C11 i've not bothered with a cooler but i like the look of yours.

Saludos

Neil C

Hi Neil,

I got the SCT Lymax Cooler when I bought the C11. The former owner include it in the set.

I use it mainly in the summer (as you well know, in central Spain we have a hot and dry weather in summer). I keep the telescope outside with that three layer isolating cover. However when i am ready to use it, it reaims warm. The Lymax SCT cooler get tha thermal balance in just a few minutes (about 10-15) instead of 3/4 of an hour.

Some friends buy it from the USA (OPT is shipping them pretty well) for about 100-120€.

The Lymax cooler is well done. In Europe Geoptik manufactures a simmilar one in alluminium but is more expensive (abour 150€).

Alternativelly, therea a lot of people that made a cooler using pieces of PVC plumbing and a computer fan.

Cheers,

Patricio

Archived