NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Megrez 90

Anweniel

Finally first light on the Megrez 90! After a long time waiting to purchase the appropriate dovetail ( Many Thanks to Martin from FLO for helping me with this!) it arrived today and I mounted it straight onto the supatrak mount that came with my original scope, certainly it seems a really robust little frac with the rings and dovetail attached. Being as it its total weight differs very little from my SW130 reflector I think it will be ok on the supatrak until I get the funds (FLO xmas vouchers :)) to cover a nice eq mount.

The slightest break in the clouds was enough to convince me to dash outside and get a glimpse through it and Jupiter looked pretty sweet through the 7mm Axiom LX despite the wispy clouds it was hiding behind. I wasn't expecting much difference in views compared to the reflector since their focal lengths differ by very little 650mm and 621mm respectively. I must say it looked very sharp and 2 equitorial belts clearly visible.

Adding a 2x barlow made little difference, just dimmed the image a little, unlike the large difference it made in the reflector - not sure why the difference there tbh but hey its how I saw it. Photo of kit to follow in a sec :(

Archived