help yet again i hear you say

Really a web cam is the thing for these scopes.

Adding a DSLR on to the mount could be a bit much for it over time. Simply the mount was never designed with the additional weight added at the end of the tube. So extra weight and the balance is changed significantly.

Also being a Mak the focal length is long, and the mount is Alt/Az so long exposure imaging is not overly applicable.

Having said that a friend has an ETX 90 and is intending to attached a new DSLR to it. Hasn't done it yet however.

Meade produced a web cam like system, think it was the DSI (Deep Sky Imager) but I may have mixed the name with another. Think it attached where the eyepiece goes but could be wrong as they have the camera opening at the rear, rotate the mirror out of the path.

Putting something like a DSLR on the rear of the scope would limit the movement of the scope. A DSLR there would prevent the scope from pointing very high, I doubt that it could evelate beyond 45 degrees, it would go up more if attached at the eyepiece.

Archived