SkyWatcher Evostar-90/900 EQ2 or Celeston astromaster 90EQ

hi all, after a lot of usefull info given to me by members here and doing a lot of my own research im going to go with a refractor scope. Im stuck between 2 makes the skywatcher evostar 90/900 eq and the celestron 90eq2, they are available at roughly the same price £140 ish but was wondering if anyone has good or bad things to say about either of them.

the scope i currently have is a department store bought one so the next scope i buy is going to basically be my proper first beginner scope, im happy with what i have seen with my 50az but it shakes so much at the slightest touch and the models above look more pro than what i currently have but just need that next step to keep me going for a year or 2.

cheers..rich

Hi Rich

I'd say both of those mounts don't look too sturdy & would probably move quite a bit.

If you're not looking to use the scope for astrophotography & can afford the extra £50 I'd strongly recommend this instead:-

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonian

The mount is much sturdier, it can be moved about the sky very easily & the extra 60mm aperture will enable you see much more DSO & enable you to make out more detail on solar system objects.

Jeff

Archived