NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Something interesting for you artists..

Lindsayanng

Hey there. .I am REALLY new to this, so forgive me if this is not appropriate or simply remove the post.. but I had NO IDEA that there was such a collection of art in the astronomer's community.. these sketches, paintings, and drawings are AMAZING!!

So i thought I would post here because it would give you artists a chance to create something to be put in the Brooklyn Art Museum..

It's called the Sketchbook project and I had signed up for it a month or so ago (I am a graphic artist/technical artist). They give you a topic which you can loosely follow and you fill your sketchbook up and send it in. They catalog it and put it in the library and then they take the library on tour and you can track your book..

ANYWAYS.. that brings to why I am posting this here.. Some of the topics that they have would really lend itself well to all of your sketches! One of the topics is called Distance and Time... and given the warp of distance and time in outerspace due to astrophysics, this could be a GREAT way to add to this library and inject some real science into the art world.

So anyways.. here's the link if any of you are interested..

The Sketchbook Project: Limited Edition

Archived