telescope and nikon d80

This was my first astro photo taken with 150P using the photo Barlow that came with the telescope (lens removed) and an Nikon d80 with a t ring. 250th of a second I think.

http://www.hyam.net/blog/archives/1462

There is no mirror lock up on the D80 but it does have a shutter delay if you look through the menus. There not is also a long expo noise reduction that would be interesting to try if only the sky would clear!!

Good luck.

at the moment vivitar 70060 but upgrading to skywatcher 200p

I'm not familiar with the Vivitar so I couldn't comment - other than to suggest it's probably not worth.

To connect to the 200P, you will require a Nikon t-ring to start with, and a remote shutter cable.

There's lots of other issues to address though, it's not just a case of connecting the camera to the scope ;)

I'd read through some of the other posts in this section that go through imaging, and requirements of the mount, etc - see what your goals are and how invested in this you want to get?

Archived