First scope

geordie, i just checked the image on that website, take no notice whatsoever of that, if i remember correctly, go to that website again, choose celestron omni 4mm and the 200p dob, this looks familiar to the image i got with an 18 mm eyepiece. perhaps someone who currently owns a 200p can confirm this?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see, You's lot just keep me in tick;)

The eye pices that come as standard as john says would do just fine but is their any others that maybe worth the upgrade or just leave as is for now,

Just needs to get my scope nuw then!..

Cheers, Si.

Just thought of anoher Q, if somebody could answer...This dob scope.. Tracking planets, how long would you say it stays in the FOV without having to go back and keep moving it again, Just thinking about a web-cam connected to laptop. Assuming using either a 25mm or 10 mm eyepiece?

Cheers,

Si.

get the dob, i would . ive done months of research for my second scope and the 8" (200mm) dob wins as an all rounder. plus if (thats a big IF) the dob ended up not what you want or expected,you will get almost all if not all the money back on a resell. they hold price well.

so you cant really lose . good luck with whatever you decide.

p.s- the e/p's that come with the scope arn't perfect expensive one's but they serve well and do the job. no probs..

Just thought of anoher Q, if somebody could answer...This dob scope.. Tracking planets, how long would you say it stays in the FOV without having to go back and keep moving it again, Just thinking about a web-cam connected to laptop. Assuming using either a 25mm or 10 mm eyepiece?

Cheers,

Si.

Hi

I haven't timed this but Jupiter plus moons in the 25mm stays in view for several minutes whereas with the 10mm I'd guestimate less than a minute before moving the scope.

Archived