NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Live Imaging

martin_h

The other night I ran a live imaging session, streaming live from my desktop to a web tv channel, just for a bit of fun realy.

I chose bright targets that could be grabbed with a single 10 minute capture using Nebulosity2, then using the inbuilt processing tools, de-bayer, levels and curves to produce a colour image on-screen, giving a commentary as I went along. Although there was only 3 or 4 people watching we all had a bit of fun, and I think I have converted an observer into an imager along the way :)

One thing to note tho, my old obs laptop may never be the same again!! I've just looked up the specs for the software I was using..Minimum quad core 3Ghz dedicated graphics card etc....

My laptop...dual core 2Ghz inbuilt card, no wonder the fan was on full blast all night! with the CPU running at 95% ;)

Archived