NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just how different are the views?

They had a celestron goto scope at the local Costco, and I thought, not because of the goto, but because it was only about 160$, that it might either be a good solar scope with a few modifications, or a planetary scope, and I was wondering, since my entire experience is with dobs, just how different are the views when looking at planets?

I think the 102GT? I am dyslexic, so it may have been the 120 or even something entirely different.? the focal length was about 9. something the only ones I could find online similar the focal length was quite shorter.

reviews are ok, i would go for the nexstar 127SLT or the smaller 90 for planets though as they are slower, i have a mak 90 which is similar and i get very sharp views with it

here is a review on the one you mentioned

Telescope Review – Celestron NexStar 102 SLT

and a link to the 127 i mentioned, the 90 can be found here too :icon_salut:

NexStar 127SLT Computerized Telescope (item #22097) / NexStar SLT Series Computerized Telescopes / Telescopes / Products / Celestron.com

Archived