NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First catch from our clear skies - M1 Crab Nebula (7hrs 35mins)

blackparticle

I'm quite boggle eyed after last week. No sun to speak of (the days were for sleeping) but lots and lots of stars and clear skies. :)

Going for this was an afterthought around Wednesday. At 06'00" diameter I wasn't expecting much to be honest. But my goto was being kind and I could just about make out a faint smudge at the top of my preview image. I bagged an hour that night and was pleasantly surprised so I kept at it.

Going from the 16bit TIFF to 8bit JPG has lightened the background a little during the conversion so I'll probably go back and spend more time on the processing after a few decent sleeps.. but for now. :(

24 x 600s

43 x 300s

SXVF-M8C / Baader Neodymium Filter / Skywatcher Equinox 66 / NEQ6 / Lodestar + 9x50 Finder-Guider

Alan

19ab059d62486ed155ac5dd6a3351c14-d4bo71h.jpg

I bagged more detail than I thought possible with a 2.6" refractor.

I was checking Stellarium and noticed that there was a Mag 10 star 'missing' so I did an image comparison against others on the web (they have the star missing too) and found an image that looked very similar to mine.. and then I noticed it was done with a Celestron C11 !! :)

Here's the high-res x3 drizzle to show all the detail captured.

m1___crab_nebula___zoom_by_blackparticle-d4boa2a.jpg

Archived