Help in Grimsby.

I just bought a celestron powerseeker 127 but am now having trouble with collimating it. I have never done it before my attempts today (5 hours of playing). The only thing I have succeeded in is making everything worse. Before I fiddled with it I could see cloud belts on Jupiter, now it's just a blob and I can't get stars to a point of light.

I just wondered if anyone could show me how to do it.

I have ready astrobabys how to!

I don't think I should have touched the secondary mirror.

Hi spidan, am not able to advice with your collimation issue, I use an sct, but am sure others will help you who do have experience with it.

If you wish to bring it to our next meeting for North Lincs Astro this coming Monday a few members will be able to help.

Just click on my link for our web site for a bit more info on us

That's the best thing you could do. We can send you links 'till we're blue in the face, but nothing beats being shown what to do by someone who knows. Good luck!

However, since you mention secondary alignment. This is the best resource I know of for that: http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=reflectors&Number=3033065

Archived