think i need a dob

having recently purchased a astromaster 130md i am happy with the scope but think i need something a bit more portable and easier to store. Currently in bedroom and wife not happy:confused: dont know why?? and was wondering what are the chances of trading it in or seling it, is there a market out there:eek: brought scope before i found out what suited my needs first but hey ho it is still amazing to see the sights in the sky

There is a thriving used astro equipment market. You can try selling it here:

U.K. Astronomy Buy & Sell

There is also a SGL buy & sell section but you will need 50 posts and a months membership to get access to it.

Some dealers may take it in part exchange but you will get more for it if you can sell it yourself.

Alternatively can you find somewhere else to store it ?.

Hi

The portable setup will depend on your observing interests. A popular grab'n'go setup is a small (usually less than 100mm aperture) short focus refractor on an AltAz mount. This is good for the 'rich field' observing experience. If you are interested in lunar and planetary viewing then a compound scope such as the Skywatcher SkyMax 127 might be the better purchase.

HTH!

Archived