New LX90 panic!

I have just purchased a Meade LX90 and have set everything up with all being well except for one thing. When I try and put the scope in the home position, When I align the Dec pointer to zero degrees the telescope is definitely pointing down and is not completely horizontal as th instruction manual says it should be. I have tried to see if the set circle with all the degrees on it swiveled at all but it is definitely fixed. Have tried ringing the shop I bought it from but they are closed now! If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks

Marcus

P.S Could I just try using a spirit level if the scope is out? cant be much less accurate than lining up 0 to the pointer?

Is there not 4 x 90 degree points?

Dec. circles are usually marked from 0 - 90 - 0 - 90 - 0 - 90 - 0 - 90.

The circle is movable when unlocked, so you can set to any position you like.

Home position for the LX90, is the scope pointing to Polaris with the Fork Handles facing South.

When you point the scope to the NCP, set the Dec circle to 90 degrees and lock it.

I'm assuming the scope is on a Wedge, and the mount set to Equatorial in the Hand controller.

Ron.

The Declination Circle has a central Knob, Unscrew it anti clockwise and you can set it to the position you need.

Archived