NP-8800 USB Net Power Mains Switch

Earl

Not a typical Atro gear review here folks, but for those that have remote setups in the obsy this could be handy.

I have my Observatory PC on the home network, Wake on Lan and also Remote desktop control it via TightVNC.

I wanted a way of turning on and off the mains plug that my scope and cameras are on.

So I got one of these.

USB Net Power 8800 - USB Mains Switch with control via the Internet or Smart Phone

Faultless seller performance I was given tracking details within 5 mins of placing my order and it arrived via courier the next day less than 24 hours of ordering it.

This Basically is a Socket with a Fuse, small extension with Plug and a USB A socket (same as the one on a PC) This unit is rated to 6 amps.

It has a USB-serial converter internally and installs a Prolific 2303 driver.

You then after much searching, unfortunately this is a typical "Far East" install disk. I did find the 8800 SDK which installs the application by default to the disk its reading off...... so once you choose a directory etc its done.

And er well it works, it clicks on and off, you need to allow a few seconds pause to tun off after you have turned it on but a window pops up telling you.

post-19346-133877652157_thumb.jpg

Archived