Nagler 16mm T5 Vs 16mm William Optics UWAN

Hi again everyone. Having bought my first premium ep lately (9mm Nagler) i am looking for something a little more mid range. The two low power ep's i have will do for now and are actually not that bad. I am considering one of the ep's in the title and would love to hear views on both. The Nagler is £100 more expensive but the UWAN seems to be very well regarded also. I have read that the eye relief is a little tight with this particular Nagler? Is it tight to the extent that its uncomfortable to use? My thinking is that the money saved by going with the UWAN would get me a right angled finder for my dob.

I owned the UWAN 16mm and then switched to the Nagler 16mm T5. In the scopes I had at the time (slowest was F/6) it was not really money well spent to be honest :rolleyes:

The UWAN does have a couple of mm more eye relief (the T5 16mm has 10mm in total) which I did notice. I also like the twist up eye cup of the UWAN although that's a personal thing possibly.

The UWAN is not quite as well corrected at the field edges as the Nagler so, if you are very picky and using a really fast scope, < F/4.5 say, the Nagler might make more sense as it's very sharp right across like the other T5's.

Archived