Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My power/data distribution box

obscura

Nothing very clever about this but it works. Thanks to yesyes for kicking this box into being.

Built into a plassy box from a hobby shop re-inforced on three sides with 3mm mdf - would have been four sides but the rotary switch and pot. bosses weren't long enough. The box has deep rubbery type feet salvaged from some unused knee protectors.

Pics include the o/p end with outputs for HEQ5 12vdc, 7.4Vdc for Canon and 3 o/ps for variable 0-12vdc to drive two dew heaters and my diy flat field box - another thread. The HEQ5 PSU is on the left retained by a few pieces of Meccano! The Canon supply is underneath the 4 way extension block.

The heaters are driven from a single controller as they are identical in wattage there being an extra mm between resistors for the WO80.

Only four o/p USBs - two for 350D, one each for HEQ5 and QHY5v.

The three o/p voltages can be checked via a rotary switch to the meter - very useful for dew heater and FF settings.

I elected not to use switches, lights or fuses. I can drop power to all from the mains in and the meter tells me power is up - as does my Canon shutter control dongle by its shutter leds.

May include a small fan later but that depends on temp rise in arctic nights - even then the top can be simply prised off a nadge if need be.

post-24087-133877650058_thumb.jpg

post-24087-133877650066_thumb.jpg

post-24087-133877650073_thumb.jpg

Archived