Syncing Stellairium with eqmod.

Good morning all.

I have a problem with syncing Stellairium with Eqmod.

Basicaly it just will not do it.

I align my star using Stellairium to control the scope.

No problem off it goes and is pretty close.

I then use the spiral search on Eqmod until it is centered on the computer screen.

I then use the dropdown menue in the telescope control panel on Stellairium an choose SYNC.

Click on the main button and get an audio confirmation saying SYNC.

The problem is that the Stars position is not registering on the Eqmod counter.

The telescope position indicator on Stellairium should also recenter back onto the star but it doesn't.

Any ideas anyone??????

thanks

Graham

When using Stellariumscope and EQMOD you would usually use the CTRL3 keystroke to trigger an ASCOM type sync to EQMOD. I don't know what the sync of the telescope menu does but it probably doesn't result in an ASCOM sync being issued (stellarium itself doesn't support ASCOM at all).

Chris.

I think the dropdown menu you are seeing in stellarium is one that simply allows you to instruct the selected telescope (i.e. the one from the dropdown) to move to manually entered coordinates. Clearly this isn't what you want to do for alignment. However, on pressing control 3 stellarium will instruct the "sync" telescope to move to the current position (which is what you want to do)

I know it all seems rather odd but in order for us to provide the Sync and Cancal functions at the stellarium level we had to play a little trick and have stellariumscope appear as three separate telescopes to stellarium (telescope 1 controls the mount slews, telescope 2 the mount halt and telescope 3 the sync). When Stellarium commands the "sync telescope" to move it passes the target coordinates to stellarium scope which in turn issues an ASCOM sync command to EQASCOM.

Looks like the cloud is set in for a while - though if you are keen to test this out you could have stellariumscope connect to the EQASCOM simulator rather than the real mount

Chris.

Archived