NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My M27, all the way from Springfield, MO

budman1961

Ive been guiding for 2 weeks now, with a converted Meade 8x50mm finder. Several of these have been done in the past, so I won't carry on about it. I use a DSI II as the camera with PHD software.

My setup is is a pristine LX200 10" f6.3 Classic, on a eade SuperWedge. This was imaged with a stock Canon 1000D, with a software assist from BackyardEOS.

20 120 sec exposures & darks only. Stacked in DSS, finished in PS CS5.

Let me know what you think!

Andy

post-25194-133877643423_thumb.jpg

Thats not bad for a stock DSLR but you need flats to counter the vignetting, with a modded camera the reds in M27 will really come out although you have a little red already. You have the ears of M27 very strongly. Heard of viewfinder mods and they seem to guide at longer fl pretty well which is suprising but PHD is very accurate with sub pixel guiding.

John.

Thanks John!

Its raining here, and I thought id figure the whole flats thing out. I double layered a tee-shirt, pointed at a white lit wall, attached the camera, and let it rip. I shot 20 each at 400, 800, and 1600 ISO in Ap preferred mode.

I did a quick re=process on this image, and no halo or vignette.....I have killed myself in PS, for the last time! On to more productive stuff!

Andy

Archived