Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 Bode's Nebula

IvanT

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, trying to put it all together has my head spinning. Here is my latest effort, stretched and processed to the point where it's very noisy but that doesn't concern me right now (little steps). I've learned a lot this last couple of days thanks to you good folk and think I'm better armed heading into my 1st winter with a bit of a clue as to what I'm doing.

Still so so much to learn and perfect, it's why I'm sure this new hobby of mine will see me well into my coffin.

I've gone from this

M81.jpg

to this

M81-Web.jpg

I think it's better. Next time somone shows me an image of this object, I'll be saying "that's M81 & M82 that is".

Thanks for putting up with what has turned into a mammoth thread folks!

It's good to see the first and the last together like that. Getting rid of the (now obvious) amber cast in the first is worth the effort. Galaxy colour is much more natural and bluish background is an improvement. (Maybe a tad darker?).

It seems to be just the faint border (stacking artefact?) and the smudge in the middle that get in the way now.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis.

I'm planning on getting a lot more data for this one, 5 darks just didn't cut it and even a little stretching in PS makes it quite grainy. As for the border, a little clipping should sort that if it persists as I add more.

Archived