NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7635 (Bubble Nebula) - LRGB

AndyUK

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is brilliant Andy. Wow - what an amazing image.

I particularly like Tim's tip on using Neb2 and Olly's star rounding tip (is there an action for this?). And LOL @ SlipperySquid's bahtinov Ha Veil - awesome stuff ;) I thought silly mistakes were just me for a while there :)

Clear skies,

Mike

Cheers again Mike - I do have another version of this, which is effectively a co-op with Fatwoul who took some deliciously sharp Ha for it and includes some more RGB that I took (although I slightly fouled up the R subs by forgetting to uncheck the "pre" box (AGAIN!) in Artemis which gave me a line across the bottom :). I'll ask fatwoul if he minds me posting it for comments...!

To be honest I don't think my processing skills have really done it justice as although adding 60% of the Ha to the red channel made quite a bit of difference (it had to be reduced otherwise it would have overpowered) I might have expected more detail to have come through when adding it into the false luminance layer - Again, it was so strong I had to tone that down too (15%) otherwise it would have washed out the RGB (something else I haven't learnt to cope with yet!).

[Of course these are things you don't have to worry about with your OSC, so please feel free to sit back and laugh!]

Archived