Sky Watcher 127 AZ GOTO Max Slew?

Hello,

Clueless here again! thanks for your help

My Skymax seems to be able to slew lower than 0 degrees? Surely that cant be right? Is there any theoretical limits on where my MAK should slew to?

By 0 degrees i'm looking at the 0 to 90 gauge indicator sticker on the side on the AZ GOTO Mount.

cheers

scott

I have a 130p SupaTrak (it's the same mount, but without the computer control). Mine does the same, I think it's to enable terrestrial applications.

Ahh I see, using your telescope for nature and that?

I wonder if its possible to damage your scope on the mount given that it can go anywhere as such?

Yeah, as you can 70mm refractors with the same mount.

That is a possibility, but due to the power of the motors it's unlikely to be anything more than cosmetic. I'd be more concerned about burning the motors out if contact was to occur.

Although I haven't tried it, I think the alt motor is capable of spinning freely through 360 degrees repeatedly (no scope attached) without causing any harm.

Go into "Setup" mode and select "Set Slew Limits". Then you can input the range of movement you want.

I have mine set to +5 (minimum) and +85 (maximum). This prevent any danger of collision with mount and maximises my viewing range.

It only works after you have aligned the scope.

Archived