NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Registax Problems (SPC900)

Hi guys,

I've been imaging (SPC900) the Moon and Saturn for a while now, without a problem. For a reason I don't know, Registax now doesn't really like aligning my Moon AVIs.

The problem is, that I have a Alt-Az mount (AZ4), and therefore, to capture enough data (Couple of minutes) I have to let the Moon drift across the field of view, then stop the capture, align the Moon again, start the capture, let it drift across the field of view, and stop it again. This proceedure happens a number of times until I have enough data.

Then I combine all the seperate AVIs into one big one using VirtualDub, which seems to work OK. Then I open it in Registax (5.1), and choose an alignment box. I used to select an alignment box, click it on a main detailed feature/s which I want to get detail out of, and click align. At the end of each 'capture' (when the Moon hops back over to the other side of the FOV), I usually get a warning telling me to realign, which is fine. This used to work perfectly.

Now however, I get no warning of this, even with Misalign Warning on 100, and the Misalign Warning box checked, and this causes the alignment box to flash up all over the place, aimlessly, and causes my AVI to not be aligned.

I am unsure whether my whole procedure of processing is correct or not, and if I should do it differently.

Thanks alot for reading!

Clear Skies!

Archived