Baader Hyperion Zoom for ED80

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a Baader Hyperion Zoom for my ED 80.

Just wondering if anyone had used this for observing the planets and also for taking some photographs as i gather you can connect a DSLR to it????

Any thoughts, ideas or advice would be very much appreciated.

Hi Hawker,

I have the MK3 baader zoom eyepiece. In a nutshell I think it's fantastic, it offers great quality images of planets, the moon and dso's (i've only viewed M13 atm)

And yes you can attach a DSLR using a T-ring and a specific adaptor which I purchased through FLO website for abut 9 quid! I can''t offer an opinion on it yet though as I've yet to use the Baader for imaging. Will possibly be trying tonight so I will update here

That's exactly the combination I'm using (although I have the Mark I version), and I can really recommend it. The only drawback is that at 24mm, the field of view is rather narrow, making it less suitable for widefield observations.

It's also a good choice for eyepiece projection. You will need an adaptor Hyperion zoom -> T2 and an adaptor T2-> camera. I use this for solar imaging with a Herschel wedge (see attached picture), and for imaging with a PST solar scope.

eos1000d-hyperion.jpg

Wolfgang

Archived