Universe Sandbox

martin_h

Hah! i was about to post about this.

Its a really fun little tool. changing the mass of the moon to the same as 1000 milky ways really has some adverse effects on our solar system i can tell you! lol.

on a more serious point, you can play out various scenarios like making the moon explode and seeing what sort of impact this has on the earth, or speed up the merger of m31 and the milkyway.

you can get a free light version from that link above, or you can purchase it from steam for around 6 quid.

worth the money in my opinion.

As far as I know there is not totally free verion of US, the download has all the features but you only get 1 hour of play before it locks the best bits, after that you can only view systems and not interact with them unless you buy a licence.

wish it was threaded for multiple cpu cores though. it seems to stutter quite a bit when coliding multiple galaxies :|

im runnng it with a i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz, 8Gb 1600Mhz ram and a GTX 295.

Crazy!

Archived