NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Maxim DL shutter control issue

RyanParle

Once again last night was another wasted night under the stars, that brings my total of successful nights up to ZERO in the last 12 months!

The last time I set up I discovered an issue with the shutter release not working so I packed up early and spent the next 2 days getting the shutter release cable working, despite having a dodgy wire about 100mm from the N3 connector which will work fine if the cable is hooked around my OAG.

So I had a good feeling about last night, so I set everything up and set Maxim to take the first focus exposure... nothing happened, maxim's count down ticked away before displaying "downloading image" which of course wasn't going to happen as the camera hadn't taken anything.

so I close Maxim and connect DSLR Shutter, which works fine!

if I run Portmon and watch the relevant COM port, when I connect DSLR Shutter you can see the serial port data as the port is opened and the control line is switched on and off, However when I attempt in maxim there is no data shown in Portmon at all.

This issue seems to have appeared since I upgraded to maxim 5.15 which was needed to resolve an issue with pinpoint astrometry. Have any of you seen this issue before? did you manage to resolve it?

Archived