Are these eyepieces any good?

Can't see if they're the GSO Revelation plossls or not. If they are, then I've got the 32mm, 12mm & 9mm, and they're good EPs. Not the best, not the worst, but excellent value for money and on a par with my Meade 4000 plossls. If they're not, then sorry :)

One word of advice though. Scopes'n'Skies don't enjoy the best reputation when it comes to mail order. If you don't live close enough to visit their excellent shop, it's best to call and make sure they have stock before ordering.

One word of advice though. Scopes'n'Skies don't enjoy the best reputation when it comes to mail order. If you don't live close enough to visit their excellent shop, it's best to call and make sure they have stock before ordering.

Good example of this. I've been over there this morning looking to buy an Astro Engineering cheshire 'colli-mate deluxe' to find they haven't got any in stock. Their website says different.

Never mind though, I needed to go for a drive :)

As long as you think of these as a starter set and do not expect to much

Disagree - these are GSO Plossls (same as Revelation kit ones - and from the photos, these are Revelation branded anyway). These are excellent Plossls. Very nicely built - and built to last. They will show some astigmatism at edge-of-field in F5 scopes, less so (or none at all) in slower scopes.

The 15mm (16, in truth) has a misplaced (fuzzy) field stop, which some may find annoying (I do), but these are very sharp eyepieces, which more than hold their own alongside more expensive models.

I still use mine - often - despite having more expensive eyepieces to hand.

Archived