NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron Guidescope Mod to fit William Optics tube rings(15 USD spent)

Ohan Smit

So I have been eyeballing the WO guider/finder scope package on their website for quite a while since my WO GT102 did not come with a finder.

Today a fiddled about with my Celestron 80mm Guidescope package which was sitting idle with my 8 inch edge having a 50mm finder guider scope and all. I aslo had the dovetail bracket to mount this setup on the EdgeHD.

To my surprise I discovered that the holes on the WO tube rings align perfectly with the holes on the Celestron shoes whilst the where upside down.

Please find all the requirements for the mod below.

C4o3ztzh.jpg

I used 7 x M8 and 1x M6 washers.

Using first a 2mm dril piece to get the pilot holes, i then used a 5mm to go through and a 6mm metal drill bit to make the final holes in the dovetail plate. this was done to fit one of the tube rings from the guider package with one tube rings from the Sky-Watcher 90mm Tube ring set.

Using 3x M6 Allen screws i attached both rings, the SW with 7xM8 washers and one M6. The Celestron RIng with two M6 allen screws.

sNjR7uMh.jpg

The holes aren't perfectly across but perfect for its intended purpose.

The WO GT102, finderless...  :icon_scratch:

5cPkyPKh.jpg

Attaching the Celestron shoes in reverse.

6VP6mMMh.jpg

2nd shoe fitted

SAgdOYYh.jpg

Assembled :)

j6MwfO6h.jpg

I used  stan26's DIY guide to change my Celestron 40mm EP into a reticle EP. 

QEITHx2h.jpg

And here are the scopes aligned and ready for action. 80mm Finderscope doublet with 15x magnification and a reticle :)

p887V2Lh.jpg

some objective nonsense

kHl6ysWh.jpg

All and all this cost me an additional 15 USD, not bad considering what you get.

jqccsuPh.jpg

Kind Regards

Ohan

Archived