Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Unusual Star + Moon formation August 21, 2012

RandelA

Last night, I saw this strange Three Stars and a Crescent moon formation. It's pretty weird because it seems like a fantasy and I thought I was going nuts, but other people like my uncle and my mother saw it too. I saw it almost 9pm (GMT+8) yesterday, August 21, 2012 here in The Philippines (Urban area with light pollution)

I couldn't take a good photo of it because my DSLR is not with me at the time and the Galaxy S3 camera couldn't capture the three stars.

So I made a creative and accurate illustration of the formation. (with photoshop)

NOTE: This is not an actual image. ONLY an illustration

2h3st4g.jpg

It's pretty strange for me, but is it familiar to you? I'm just curious.

also note that it is a perfect equilateral triangle. I saw it with my own eyes, not with a telescope. I also checked this evening but it's gone.

The "three stars" are actually Mars, Saturn, and then once actual star, Spica.

Clear skies,

I'm sorry I was all excited. You're amazing! I knew the shinning one was a planet. I was just amazed to see that kind of formation from here. :Envy:

Archived