Setting up NEQ6 ?

Alrite i am a bit lost here.I got the idea how to polar allign and i am using an app from android marked so i take it it should be quite right.I set up the RA so the Polaris is in right position.Not touching the DEC settings.Then when i am trying to allign stars the mount slews and the OTA is actualy hitting the mount?I checked the alligment star is visible.Never the less it is trying to go to the wrong side in the first place.What i am doing wrong here??Taking into account that i am using the right time and date?

You'll always be able to get the scope to foul the legs of the tripod at some point with a EQ mount. If you can't target the object without hitting the legs, do a meridian flip (rotate RA to get the weights on the opposite side) then slew the scope the other way through dec.

Archived